Internship opportunity: Campaigns Intern
Duration: 3 to 5 months
TAPOL are looking for a Campaigns intern. The intern will support our campaign work by helping to produce advocacy materials, coordinate events and provide administrative support. This internship would suit an MA/MSc/LLM student or recent graduate in Human Rights, International Relations, Law or related fields. Strong candidates in the final year of their Bachelor degree are also encouraged to apply. Fluency in written and spoken English and a working knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia is important. The successful candidate will have excellent research and communication skills. Experience in human rights advocacy is an added plus.
· Drafting advocacy materials, including submissions to the United Nations, reports and articles, under the guidance of TAPOL’s Campaigner
· Gathering, analyzing and verifying data on human rights violations
· Assist in monitoring key developments in Indonesia, particularly in Papua
· Regularly maintaining and updating social media accounts in English and in Indonesian in view of raising profile and increasing online followers
· Assist in translating documents from English to Indonesian and vice versa
· Share in and contribute to TAPOL’s other activities where required.
Interns are expected to work 2-3 days per week (7 hours per day) over a period of 3–5 months.
Interns are entitled to travel expenses up to a maximum of £5.60 per day and lunch expenses up to a maximum of £5 per day.
This position is based in London, UK. Only applicants based in the UK will be considered.
Please email email@example.com with CV and cover letter.
Closing date for applications: 10 February 2016
Interview date: 12 February 2016